As the years go by, the buttocks change: less muscle, more fat, and finally a sagging skin with a feeling of cellulite and a change in shape (drooping and sagging).
The buttock lift will then tighten the skin of the buttocks and contour the buttocks for a rounder shape. The surgical operation involves scars, the size and location of which will depend on the operating procedure. Buttock lift surgery can be done in two ways:
- the upper butt lift, to tighten the skin of the entire buttock upwards, with a scar above the buttocks.
- the lower butt lift, to remove the “banana roll”; incisions are located in the gluteal fold.
In both cases, UrgoTouch ® laser scar treatment can be performed following this operation, in the operating room, to give you every chance of having a better scar. Good to know: other techniques can be used to beautify the buttocks: liposculpture, lipostructure or buttock prostheses.
Learn more about the operation
- Performed under general anesthesia by a plastic surgeon
- Lasts between 1.5 to 2.5 hours
- The surgical procedure:
- Liposuction of the thighs
- Removal of excess skin
- Tighten the skin
- Lipofilling or liposuccion possible in addition
- Suture the incision
- UrgoTouch ® laser treatment possible after suturing
- 1 to 2 days of hospitalization
The buttock can be lifted with upper or lower scars.
- Rests for about 2 weeks is recommended
- A wound dressing is placed for 4 weeks
- Sports is not recommended within 2 months of the intervention
- Your surgeon will monitor the results of the operation and the progress of the healing process (duration to be defined with your surgeon)
- Final result between 3 and 6 months after post-operative edema has subsided
- The result of the scar is definitive between 18 and 24 months
For any information about the operation
Speak directly with your surgeon.
He/She will be able to answer your questions and reassure you.